Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Recipe of the Day! Plus a sideline on my love of saving money.

Ok...I am in trouble ya'll . I have become totally addicted to that show Extreme Couponing on TLC. These folks are AMAZING. I saw a lady last night get $555 worth of groceries for $5. WHAT?!?!?! I am now totally obsessed about finding out how to do that for my family. I often use coupons but seeing that amount of savings really gets this southern princesses heart pounding. I mean...who doesn't love a good deal? If you know of any couponing classes around my home area of Charlotte, NC or want to share any of your tips, please feel free to comment.

Now for the good stuff (FOOD!!! :) )

Todays recipe is one of my fave breakfast dishes. It takes a little prep time because it needs to sit overnight but it is sooooo worth it. It'll make your tongue do a happy dance for sure. So...here we go...

MAPLE FRENCH TOAST BAKE

12 slices white bread, cubed
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
8 eggs
1/2c maple syrup (I use maple flavored pancake syrup...its cheaper and doesn't affect the flavor)
1 c milk

Arrange half of the bread cubes in a greased shallow 2 qt baking dish. Top with cubed cream cheese and remaining bread.
In a medium bow, whisk together eggs, milk and syrup (you can also add a touch of vanilla if you like). Pour mixture over bread making sure to coat all bread pieces. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking to allow to come to room temp. Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake and additional 20-25 minutes.
Serve warm with syrup.

Happy Eating Ya'll!!

The Southern Princess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment