Monday, April 25, 2011

Doing Laundry...And Finding a Blessing

I just put in a load of laundry (which I seem to do several times a day) and as I loaded the laundry into the washer I began to think of how blessed my family is to be able to have clothes to wear and how blessed we are to have jobs to go to and work to provide us with the things we need.
Often times, as I load the washer I think "another load of laundry...ugh," but today I decided to think about it in this way, "another load of blessings."
I encourage you to look for the blessings in the mundane tasks we do everyday and take time to thank God for the blessings that don't always feel like blessings.

Since life is always full of sweet and sour moments, I decided to include my recipe for Lemon Drifts to this post. Enjoy ya"ll!

Lemon Drifts

1c butter softened
1/2 c powdered sugar
2c flour
4 eggs beaten
2c sugar
1/2c lemon juice
5tbsp flour
1tsp baking powder

Beat butter, powdered sugar, and 2c flour together until smooth. Spread into greased 13x9 pan. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes.

Beat together eggs, sugar, lemon juice, 5tbsp flour and baking powder until well blended. Pour over top of baked crust and continue baking at 350* for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cool and cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment