Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Me Time...What's That???

Many of you may not know, but I am currently doing Weight Watchers in order to lose some extra weight. I would call it baby weight...but she's gonna be three in June so I'm not sure I can get away with that! LOL

Anywhoo, at my meeting on Sunday we talked about having "Me Time" and how important it was for our physical and mental health. As women, not just southern women, but especially southern women, we learn that it is our duty to take care of all of those around us. Our children, our spouse, our siblings, our parents, our co-workers...you get the idea. I am so guilty of this. I tend to put myself last on the list and am constantly trying to take care and "mother" everyone else.

It is my goal to carve out a little time for myself in the day, just to walk, or meditate, or just regain my sanity after a day of toddler wrangling! :). I encourage those of you, especially mothers, to do the same. It is crucial for ourselves and those we love to treat ourselves like the princesses we are and in turn those around us will see us as important and worthy of being treated with love and respect also. We are princesses...we are children of the most high King and He would expect us to take care of ourselves so that we are better equipped to take care of others!

Sending ya'll southern love and hugs,
The Southern Princess

1 comment:

  1. So true!! I hope you are able to get in your "Me Time!". :) Holly (from the Momtourage!)

    http://justaplainjanegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete